1. Bring the chicken stock and coconut milk to a slow boil. Add galangal, lemongrass, chicken and mushrooms. When the soup returns to a boil, season it with fish sauce.
2. Wait until the chicken is cooked, and then add the kaffir lime leaves and bird's eye chilies. Remove the pot from heat and add lime juice.
3. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Keep the heat low throughout the cooking process. High heat will make the oil in the coconut milk separate and rise to the top.
- If you're using mature galangal, reduce the amount.
- Lime juice becomes more aromatic when it is added after the pot is removed from heat.
- Reduce amount of chilies for a milder taste.
Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, Folate, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
Spicy Level: 2