1. Clean the shrimps thoroughly and devein them. Bring the vegetable stock (or water) to a boil and add Gaeng Som paste.
2. When the soup returns to a full boil. add vegetables in this order: cauliflower, long beans and cabbage.
3. Season with palm sugar, tamarind juice and fish sauce, making sure everything is well dissolved.
4. Add shrimps and cook briefly.
- As an alternative, shrimp can be replaced with fish.
- Seafood cooks quite quickly thus shrimp and fish should be in the boiling soup only briefly. And then whisked out and served to keep it fresh and juicy.
- Prepare the drier, tougher ingredients first, like cauliflower and long beans, followed by leafy vegetables like cabbage.
Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, K, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Omega 3
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
Total: 45 mins
Spicy Level: 2